For a player to secure a paid basketball contract there is a minimum physical and mental skill set required which most players are not aware because they have never had the right mentors / coaches to educate them. This is primarily due to the coaches /mentors themselves never achieving the level of success required to accurately communicate the required information necessary for the player to be a professional.
On the flip side it can be a very difficult and a costly exercise for Australian clubs to select their imports mainly due to the geographic location of Australia. In most cases, clubs rely on video and word of mouth in the selection of these players because very few clubs (generally only NBL clubs) have the resources to actively scout on the ground internationally or fly players to Australia for a tryout. With limited information available, clubs have mixed success when selecting their imports and would prefer a better system.
The AUBC Professional Development Program will address these problems for players and clubs. Therefore, our aim is to provide aspiring and / or current professional basketball players a legitimate platform to receive quality instruction over an extended amount of time from former professionals that have not just achieved but excelled on the highest levels in the world.
Additionally, AUBC creates pathways for Professional Development players to have real tryouts with Australian clubs whereby the player has a genuine opportunity to perform and the club can a have true evaluation of the player before offering a contract.
- Airfares (round trip Los Angeles – Melbourne)
- Transfers to and from Melbourne Airport
- 31 days, 30 nights’ accommodation w/ Continental Breakfast – Shared Stay
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Daily Training Sessions w/ 15 year NBA veteran Sedale Threatt
- Tryouts with Australian Clubs
- All Access Membership – Melbourne Sports & Aquatic Centre (MSAC)
- Strength & Conditioning Program
- Fitness Assessment
- AUBC Uniform Pack
- MYKI Pass (unlimited public transport card)
- Player Profile on AUBC Online Portal
- AUBC Player Reference
- Player Evaluation Report
- Lunch & Dinner (Additional Meal Plans Available)
- Australian Visa Costs (AU$20 for US Citizens)
- Program Dates: May, June, October, November
- Maximum 30 players in program in any given month
- Cost: US$5082